Sunday, January 29, 2006

Seeking Lace

Today I went looking for a piece of lace that I knitted a year ago, yesterday I discovered that it wasn't where I thought it was, I ransacked everything looking for it, and had one place left to look, I was very worried, this piece was my Balmoral tea cloth by Marianne Kinzel. I knew I had never blocked it, and thinking I had lost it before I ever saw it's true beauty was disturbing me. So I finally plucked up the courage to look in that one last place. It was there, big sigh of relief!!!!!!!!!! It is now quite happily blocking out on the spare bed.

Ty, one of my Syrian hamsters, is fading slowly, he has very shallow breathing, and he has a clicking noise going on while he breathes, very worrying. He is about 2 years and 3 months old, so quite the old codger. Elizabeth is very attatched to him though, and I know this one going will be very painful for her. I only hope it is quick for him. He is a beautiful tender old man, and always has been a sweet little dude. He was named after Ty the tasmanian tiger, Elizabeth's favourite gamecube game. I took some pictures of him earlier, after I realized that he hadn't had his photo taken in a long time. I had been looking at his baby pictures, I barely recognized him, as a baby his hair was quite short and we never expected his hair to grow to the lengths it did, he now looks like one of those big fuzzy slippers. I have a weakness for sable syrians, and Ty is a banded sable, my only other hamster Woody is also a sable, but not banded so the difference in their colour is quite extreme. Woody is getting quite tufty, but is also getting on to being well past the baby stage, so I don't think he will be a long haired beastie quite like Ty.

I am also finally getting into book 5 of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. The fiery cross is dragging a little, infact most of the books have a little through the first half of the book, but Claire and Jamie are becoming like family, and I just want to know how their story ends. There is a 6th book but still in hardback only I think, so I will wait for the paperback, I already have Digital fortress by Dan Brown lined up next for me to read, I still have about 700 pages of Fiery cross left to read.

Tomorrow I will make an attempt to post pictures of my knitting and of Ty, maybe even woody and the guinea pigs Smudge and Rosco will make an appearance here sometime, and I am sure Maggie and Mini the cats will appear time to time. For now, it is very late, and I need sleep.

No comments: