Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I would shout this out, but I am Canadian, so I modestly offer this interesting article.

As a British transplant here in Canada, I sometimes feel like a phoney, saying I am Canadian. To anyone listening, they will clearly hear I am actually British.

However, my life reads like that of a Canadian. I am modest, I don't like to be the centre of attention, I don't demand thanks for everything I do. I quietly go about my work, doing what needs to be done.

Today though, I read a great article, it makes me even more proud to be Canadian, even more than I was after reading the Harlot's annual thanks to Canada on Canada Day.
I quickly adopted to life in Canada, I adopted the way of life in about 2 short months. I have now been here almost eleven years.
I feel like I have been here long enough now not to feel like a phoney saying I am Canadian. I am after all a citizen, I got that as quickly as I could.

So, my point, I am Canadian, I am proud, and I feel like these are my country men.

Salute to a Brave Man

No comments: