Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Princess.

I feel a re-devotion coming on, I reckon a day with the Princess might get me back on track, it feels right!

I will post piccies soon as I haven't posted one in such a long time.

The weather has finally cooled down some, the past two days have been suffocating. I can get back to knitting the Raku too, mohair on days like that is impossible.

At the memorial of a friend last year her sister was telling the story of the day they were all in a car, much on a day like the ones that have just passed, and Ann was knitting a mohair sweater, in a car full of people, on a day that feels like the pits of hell, she was trying to make her sister try this sweater on. At that point a few of the ladies from my guild turned and looked at me, as if to indicate that that is the same kind of irrational behavior that I show towards knitting. I took it as a compliment, Ann was a superb knitter, one of my inspirations that turned me to weaving.

However, I do draw the line at knitting with mohair on a day when the air is so thick that the fibre sticks more to your hands than it does to the thread it is supposed to be attached to.

4 comments:

Lacefreak said...

Dear Kathy,

I tried to e mail you at the address you gave me but hotmail kept sending it back with a failure to deliver notice? My e-mail is (sflace@yahoo.com.) if you want to try to reach me that way? Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you. Were all the letters lower case?

Jane

Kathy said...

Hi Jane I got your email the second time, it is all in lowercase.

Another addy you can use if you ever need to is minihunting@yahoo.com.

Jean said...

Kathy, if you're really thinking of an outing for your Princess in November, you'd better get cracking. It's not just the centre -- there'll then be all those yards across the top of that fiendish edging.

Good luck.

Kathy said...

Jean you are so right, I was looking again at the end of the pattern, boy is there still an awful lot of work to do.

I have dragged it back into the light, and actually done more than one full repeat of the centre pattern in the past 4 days. I must get more done today and tomorrow, after that who knows, the MS3 is out on Friday and looking to be a large section.

Kathy